The new Gen 3-R Rooftop tent has additional features
- Updated look which increases the rigidity of the rooftop tent
- Heater vent as a standard feature
- Solar panel input as a standard feature
- This upgrade now boasts a weight decrease to 76kgs
*Note: The backrest and drop down table are purchased separately and these accessories that will be available soon*
- Side rain cover now comes as a standard feature
- Spec-built telescopic ladder with rungs that are broad and angled making it far more comfortable to climb into the tent barefoot
- Single zip opening doors
- Zippable rear awning – the awning can zip up and stay rolled away. The awning only needs to be deployed when the weather dictates.
- Stainless steel eyelets for the spring poles
- Extended cargo rails creating more room and additional options for fitment to the roof
- Raised air vent to help reduce condensation
- 3D breathable mesh to further assist with condensation
- The rooftop tent is made from a lightweight aluminium construction
- Built-in cargo rails for the fitment of optional load bars
- Hard-shell structure that can carry additional gear – solar panels, kayak, mountain bikes or camping table
- Streamlined aerodynamic profile
- 3-point access with a door/window on each side
- Gas-strut assisted pop-up design
- Opens and closes in seconds so you can still go on that late-afternoon game drive
- 75 mm high-density foam mattress with zip-off cover
- Quick-release ladder that stows inside your tent when closed
- Storage pockets
- Internal USB power points
- Internal 12V plug point
- Internal lighting
- Rear door awning to keep the entrance dry
- Dual-layer canvas for better insulation and protection
- Wind resistant design thanks to single-sided opening
- Top and bottom foam insulation for class leading insulation
LOAD RATING FOR CARGO RAILS:
We are excited to share our new Gen 3-R Rooftop Tent. We have added some unique features to improve your camping experience. Our latest Rooftop Tent features a new design language, a heater port, built in solar panel input and more! Roof Top Tents are the perfect camping solution for those who want to enjoy nature without having to worry about bugs, rain or other weather conditions. They can be set up quickly and they provide shelter from all types of weather.
When rooftop tents first hit the market they were revolutionary, mostly because your tent and mattress (the two things that take up the most packing space) were now conveniently stored on your roof. Of course, there are many more benefits to owning a rooftop tent, but likewise, there are plenty of cons, too.
Fortunately, most of these drawbacks are associated with soft-shell rooftop tents, as well as heavy canvas units that are difficult to flip open. For these reasons, our Expedition Tent has always followed a hard-shell design. The benefits of this setup include…
- A gas-strut assisted design that takes seconds to open and close
- A three-point entry / exit layout so you don’t have to plan your campsite around your tent
- A more aerodynamic shape
- You can close the tent with your bedding inside, and lastly…
- Our Expedition Tent has always followed a hard-shell design.
What’s more, hard-shell tents typically last longer than their soft-shell equivalents, they’re also easier to clean, and far more resilient to rain, snow and windy weather conditions.
But most of all, from an overland-travel perspective (where you’re moving from one camp to the next), you just can’t beat the convenience of a popup roof top tent; which is why our ever popular Expedition Tent is now in its 3rd Generation design.
Over the years, we’ve been adding continuous improvements to our Expedition Tent, opting for a wider, more spacious layout, as well as a streamlined design that’s both aesthetically pleasing, and far more aerodynamic.
Three critical features
But even more so, three critical features have always been important to us while developing our hard-shell tent:
1) Comfort and convenience
Buying a rooftop tent is no different to buying a household bed, where comfort is critical; which is why we’ve specced our Expedition Tent with a generous 75 mm high-density foam mattress. We’ve also included a reading light, USB charging ports (for your mobile phone), a 12V power socket, and a series of storage pockets where you can keep your keys, books and even your shoes.
Thanks to the Expedition Tent’s robust aluminium housing, you have the option of fitting our Alu-Cab load bars. This means you can still pack large bulky items on top of your tent. Whether it be a solar panel, camping table, kayak, mountain bike, or our very own Roof Rack Tray, the Gen 3-R Expedition Tent doesn’t prevent you from packing gear on your roof like other rooftop tents do.
Recognising that our tents are used by extreme adventure travellers across the globe, we wanted to build a tent that offered the best possible insulation against blazing African heat, as well as sub-zero temperatures found in Europe and North America. That said, the Gen 3-R roof structure and base are generously insulated with a closed-cell foam lining that offers excellent comfort and insulation all year round. We’ve also included an awning cover over the tent’s rear door, which helps to keep rain, snow and frost off the rear opening.
TIME FOR AN UPGRADE
So, if you’re looking to upgrade your current rooftop tent with a far more durable, versatile and easy-to-use option, look no further than our Gen 3-R Expedition Tent – a product that has evolved into a supremely comfortable, spacious, and fast-pitching home away from home.
LENGTH: External 2 300 mm / internal 2 100 mm
WIDTH: External 1 400 mm / internal 1 300 mm (@ shoulders)
HEIGHT (exterior, closed): Front 210 mm / Rear 280 mm
HEIGHT (exterior, open): 2 000 mm
HEIGHT (interior, open): 1 600 mm
Weight: Approximately 76kg