- An easy-access vertical door with heavy-duty hinges, and the ability to mount a 33″ spare-wheel on the (No need for an after-market rear bumper and wheel carrier). This also solves the problem of dust entering through the tailgate.
- Proprietary extrusions are used throughout the construction for the drill-free fitment of
- Tried and tested dual-layer canvas tent for better thermal
- Flip-away bed means ample headroom and standing
- Bedding remains in place whether the tent is open or closed
- Roof rails to facilitate the mounting of various rooftop
- Side-access canopy doors
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR:
- Chevrolet Colorado USA (2015 – Present) DC
- Ford Ranger (2012 – Present) DC
- Ford Ranger (2012 – Present) XC
- Isuzu Dmax (2012 – Present ) DC
- Mercedes Benz X-Class (2017 – Present) DC
- Nissan Navara Np300 Europe (2016 – Present) DC
- Nissan Navara NP300 ZA/AUS (2016 – Present) DC
- Toyota Hilux (2005 – 2015) (Vigo) DC
- Toyota Hilux (2005 – 2015) (Vigo) XC
- Toyota Hilux (2015 – Present) (Revo) DC
- Toyota Hilux (2015 – Present) (Revo) XC
- Toyota Tacoma (2005 – 2015) (Gen2) SB
- Toyota Tacoma (2005 – 2015) (Gen2) LB
- Toyota Tacoma (2016 – Present) (Gen3) SB
- Toyota Tacoma (2016 – Present) (Gen3) LB
- VW Amarok (2010 -Present) DC
- Toyota Landcruiser 79 SC
- Toyota Landcruiser 79 DC
Pick-up or SUV? Although both vehicles have merits in the overland market, a simple canopy and rooftop-tent installation is a tough thing to beat in terms of space, convenience and payload capacity.
However, there are some limitations to this setup, especially if you want more room to stand up and move around.
Generally speaking, it is at this point that pick-up owners find themselves faced with one of three options:
1) Buy a low-cost daily driver and convert your pick-up into a dedicated camper… or
2) Stick with what you’ve got, and invest in a secondary ground tent as a living / changing room, or…
3) Buy a high-cost off-road trailer
The problem with all of these solutions is that they’re either expensive, space-dependent (you now need parking for two vehicles or a trailer) or they nullify the benefits of owning a pick-up and rooftop tent in the first place – convenience, space, mobility, and not being overly-restricted in how and where you travel.
But, what if there were a fourth, relatively-unknown option that only rental vehicles and a few custom rigs are taking advantage of?
ENTER: The Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
About 10-years ago, we noticed a gap in the 4×4 rental market; essentially, a need for a lightweight, versatile, mid-range camper solution.
In many respects, the safari rental market is the ideal testing ground for overland gear, and after exhaustive development, we designed a camper that combined the best of both worlds: it had the lightweight and low-profile benefits of a modular canopy, combined with the versatility and spacious living quarters of a camper.
Although the Canopy Camper was a huge success, the original design didn’t lend itself to production. As a result, when we moved away from building custom rigs to a more production-based business model, the Canopy Camper was lost in the transition.
Fortunately, as our family of adventurers grows worldwide, so does the interest in our past projects, leading to many requests for a mid-range, “off-the-shelf” Camper.
And so, without further ado, we give you the lightweight, versatile, and modular-designed Canopy Camper – once an industry-first, but today a revitalised and improved solution, for which we owe kudos to you and your feedback. So, thanks for contributing to the Alu-Cab evolution.
LENGTH: Overall: 2 865mm ( without wheel carrier) and 3035mm ( with wheel carrier)
HEIGHT: Overall with roof closed: 1365mm (complete roof top to bottom of rear door frame) and 870 mm (load bin top to roof top)
HEIGHT: Overall with roof open: 2520 mm (Load bin top to roof top)
WIDTH: Overall: 1600mm
ROOF BED SIZE: Roof Top Tent Bed: 2600mmm L x 1340 mm W
DRY WEIGHT: (Basic shell) 210kg
FULLY KITTED WEIGHT: 250kg ( approximately)
D-Rubber for Canopy Campers – Fitment Instruction
Chev Colorado Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction
Isuzu Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction
Toyota Hilux Revo Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction
Volkswagen Amarok Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction
Toyota Hilux Vigo Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction
Ford Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction
Canopy Camper to Cruiser DC and SC Fitment Instruction
NP300 and X-Class Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction
Toyota Tacoma Canopy Camper Fitment Instruction